Rocky Mountain Sea Kayak Club
Each year the George Myers Pool opens its doors to kayakers and canoers to use the pool for practice. These practice sessions are not RMSKC sponsored events. The sessions are noted on the Calendar for information purposes only.
7900 Carr Drive, Arvada
10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Cost $9.50 - credit cards accepted
- Rinse your kayak before going into the pool to remove mud, gravel, sand, leaves, etc. Hoses are available on the deck to rinse your kayak before and after your session.
- Everybody must shower before entering the pool.
- Regular kayaking clothes in addition to bathing suits are acceptable for the pool.
- Bring a complete change of clothes and a towel to dry off after your final shower.
- Lockers are available for rent for 50 cents.
- Kayak, PFD, paddle, spray skirt and sponge/pump are allowed in the pool.
- Nose clip and ear plugs plus a mask or goggles to keep chlorine out of your eyes are good for wet exit and roll practice.
- Lifeguards are on duty and the indoor heated pool is fairly warm.
- Unless lots of boats show up (not normal) there is lots of room to learn/practice maneuvers.
- We work together to practice wet exits, self & assisted rescues, and anything else.
- Whitewater kayaks start at 1:00 PM so we long boaters need to be out of the water by then.
- Expect to be hungry and worn out after 3 hours of fun and frolicking - pool practice is hard work.
- A snack and water is a good idea to keep hydrated and your blood sugar up.
- Other pool practice hints from members.