Rocky Mountain Sea Kayak Club
All Kinds of People Join RMSKC - Gross Reservoir
Paddlefest Games, Chatfield Reservoir
Lined Up and Ready to Go on Lake Powell
Paddles Up at Steamboat Lake
Benefits of Joining the RMSKC
The benefits of joining the Rocky Mountain Sea Kayak Club are many and varied:
- Meeting fellow sea kayakers,
- Going on Club-sponsored day, weekend, and week-long trips,
- Paddling on private trips with fellow members,
- Learning new skills and safety practices,
- Meeting people with interests other than kayaking,
- Establishing long-term friendships
- Enjoying days of wonderful, safe fun on the water in a sea kayak with paddling buddies.
Membership in the RMSKC requires the following:
- Complete the RMSKC Membership Application form.
- NEW ACA membership: Go to the ACA website at www.americancanoe.org and choose the “Join” link at the top right. Select membership type "Individuals". Create a username and follow the prompts. In the Paddle America Clubs drop down list select “Rocky Mountain Sea Kayak Club.” At some point you will be asked to create a profile. Have your credit card handy. The rest should be very similar to the renewal process described for Renewing ACA members in the section below..
- If you are already an ACA member: Log in as a Renewing ACA member to www.americancanoe.org Have your ACA number, user name and password, and credit card handy. The process is pretty straightforward. You will be prompted to review your profile information and then there will be a light blue band with very fine print : ***Renew your membership now*** click on that and continue. The family memberships have been discontinued and now each family member must pay as an individual membership. Then you will have a choice of clubs in a drop down menu. Choose 'Rocky Mountain Sea Kayak Club' you also have the option at some point to type in other clubs. After payment, the process continues. You will be sent a couple emails, and asked to electronically sign the WAIVER. The final email will say, "Congratulations! Your email address has been confirmed and copies of PAC Annual Waiver (Adult) for _________ have been sent to all parties to the agreement." This is not true. They have not sent anything to the club membership coordinator. Please forward this email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print it and snail mail it or download and email a PDF. Please notice that the link expires in three days. So even if you don't have the other stuff ready email that over right away.
- When your ACA card comes in the mail take a picture of it and email it to the Membership Coordinator, or copy it and snail mail it. If you are a renewing member, you may forward the email that has the temporary membership card on it, that email is titled " ACA - Membership Card and Benefits". That email doesn't have the ACA number on it so that won't work for a NEW membership.
- Include a check payable to the RMSKC for $10.
- Submit all forms and the check to the RMSKC Membership Coordinator indicated on the RMSKC Membership Application form.
- Your RMSKC membership will expire on March 31 of each year. Your ACA membership will expire one year from the date that you joined ACA.
- Contact the Membership Coordinator with any questions.
Annual Membership Renewal
All RMSKC memberships expire on March 31 regardless of when you first joined the RMSKC. Your ACA membership will expire one year from the date that you joined ACA.
The Membership Coordinator will email all members in February reminding them when it is time to renew their RMSKC membership. Attached to that email will be the RMSKC Membership Renewal Form.
Follow the directions in the email and on the RMSKC Membership Renewal Form to complete your RMSKC renewal.
Individual membershipin the RMSKC is open to all persons age 18 and above. A family membership consists of all adults and children under the age of 18 residing in a household regardless of relationship. In addition, all members of a household do not have to reside at the same address as in the case of children at college or a child who lives with another parent. ACA membership is a requirement for membership in the RMSKC. The procedures outlined below are designed to ensure RMSKC's compliance with the ACA Paddle America Club requirements.