Rocky Mountain Sea Kayak Club
All Kinds of People Join RMSKC - Gross Reservoir
Paddlefest Games, Chatfield Reservoir
Lined Up and Ready to Go on Lake Powell
Paddles Up at Steamboat Lake
Benefits of Joining the RMSKC
The benefits of joining the Rocky Mountain Sea Kayak Club are many and varied:
- Meeting fellow sea kayakers,
- Going on Club-sponsored day, weekend, and week-long trips,
- Paddling on private trips with fellow members,
- Learning new skills and safety practices,
- Meeting people with interests other than kayaking,
- Establishing long-term friendships
- Enjoying days of wonderful, safe fun on the water in a sea kayak with paddling buddies.
Membership in the RMSKC requires the following:
- Complete the RMSKC Membership Application form. See Annual Membership Renewal below.
- NEW ACA membership: Go to the ACA website at www.americancanoe.org and choose the “Join” link at the top right. Select membership type "Individuals". Create a username and follow the prompts. In the Paddle America Clubs drop down list select “Rocky Mountain Sea Kayak Club.” At some point you will be asked to create a profile. Have your credit card handy. The rest should be very similar to the renewal process described for Renewing ACA members in the section below.
- If you are already an ACA member: Go to the ACA website at www.americancanoe.org and choose the "Renew" link. Have your ACA number, user name and password, and credit card handy. There will be a blue RENEW box, click on that and continue. The process has gotten easier is pretty straight forward. After payment you will land on a page titled "Thank You For Supporting The ACA" click on the red "online waiver system" and complete the WAIVER. The next email you get will be titled " ACA - Membership Card and Benefits" (that used to have a temporary ACA card on it and now it doesn't, more on that below). The next (2nd) email you will have to Confirm Receipt for….scroll down a little, an there is a big Yellow button. Then email number 3, titled "Smartwaiver" open it and it says "Congratulations! Your email address has been confirmed and copies of ***NEW WAIVER for EVERYONE**** for ______ have been sent to all parties to the agreement" This is not true. They have not sent anything to the club membership coordinator. Please forward this email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print it and snail mail it or download and email a PDF. Please notice that the link expires in three days.
- The Membership Coordinator also needs a copy of your ACA card. One way to do that would be to use your user name and password, go to your ACA profile, screen shot it and then email it. Another way is when your ACA card comes in the mail take a picture of it and email it, or copy it on a copier and snail mail it.
Annual Membership Renewal
All RMSKC memberships expire on March 31 regardless of when you first joined the RMSKC. Your ACA membership will expire one year from the date that you joined ACA.
The Membership Coordinator will email all members in February reminding them when it is time to renew their RMSKC membership. Attached to that email will be the RMSKC Membership Application form.
Complete the RMSKC Membership Application form. Submit all forms and the check to the RMSKC Membership Coordinator indicated on the RMSKC Membership Application form.(An American Canoe Club membership is required for all people attending RMSKC Events. Instructions Above.) For renewing RMSKC Membership dues are $10.00 for Individual and Family membership. The ACA only provides Individual membership. Family members that only attend one event per year can simply pay the $5.00 ACA Event fee and sign an ACA Waiver at the time of the event, instead of becoming a full ACA Member.
Contact the Membership Coordinator with any questions.
Individual membershipin the RMSKC is open to all persons age 18 and above. A family membership consists of all adults and children under the age of 18 residing in a household regardless of relationship. In addition, all members of a household do not have to reside at the same address as in the case of children at college or a child who lives with another parent. ACA membership is a requirement for membership in the RMSKC. The procedures outlined below are designed to ensure RMSKC's compliance with the ACA Paddle America Club requirements.